Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Da Vinci Code - the movie

DISAPPOINTING! What a shame, I really loved the book, it was so exciting, a real page-turner. None of the suspense, action, thrill, or anticipation from the book was translated onto the screen. I’m sure there are cinematic techniques for building suspense just as there are literary techniques, even just the use of timing. For someone who was just about to expose the greatest story ever told as a lie, Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) certainly didn’t seem very excited – you wouldn’t think he had a passion for symbols or was a world-renowned iconologist from one of the worlds leading academic institutions! If that was me I’d be peeing my pants with excitement – despite the fact that I was also running for my life. I really didn’t feel that Robert Langdon and Sophia Neveu grasped the enormity of their situation.

Today it has a rating of 18% on rotten tomatoes. Out of 150 reviews, 123 are rotten - 4.6 out of 10

No comments: